Friday, January 13, 2012

Renewing Driving License

Went off to the Road Transport Department today in Maju Junction to renew my driving license which is going to expire starting tomorrow. It's located on the 2nd floor. No need to take the Maju Tower lifts, just take the usual escalator in the Maju Junction and you'll find it at the very end of the second floor. Quite a big one, divided into two types of counter. One is for business and the other one is specially for individuals only to fasten the process I guess. Absolutely satisfied with their service. Even though there's more than 10 people waiting before my turn, it takes not more than 15 minutes for me to wait before for my turn...a really quick process. Am so proud of them.

The renewal fee is RM30 per year. Starting this year, the Road Transport Department has introduced a new way to determine our renewal date that is exactly on our birthday that is easier to remember. Those whose birth date is less than 6 months of the expiry date, they will get some sort of bonus that is extra months to complete their expiry date exactly on their birth date.

As for me, since my birth date is more than 6 months and I got extra almost a year, I need to add another RM15 so for renewal of 3 years, the total paid was RM105.

So here I am with my new driving license expiry date = 28 December 2015!

No comments: