Monday, January 23, 2012

My KTM Commuter Experience


It's Monday and public holiday due to the Chinese New Year so I've decided to go and meet my friend in Klang. Since it's quite far for me to drive alone, I just take the commuter. It's been quite so long since I last travel using the commuter.


Even the route has expanding from before. The last station used to be Sentul and Seremban but now it's Batu Caves and Sg. Gadut. Never heard of Sg. Gadut before. When an old man was asking which train he should take in order to go to Seremban and he mentioned Sg. Gadut, I was like..huh?! Even I need to ask the counter which lane should I go in order to take the train to Klang...so pathetic! Feels like a tourist and badly needed a map!


It took almost 30 minutes for the Pelabuhan Klang train to arrive and when I enter the coach, it was really scary! There's only few ladies around and I'm surrounded by foreigners from Indonesia, Bangladesh etc. Feels like a total strangers in my own beloved country! Barely see our own people in that coach and of course the one hour journey feels like forever to arrive being stuck with all man and foreigners...feels so threatened! It was actually my own fault for just stepping in into the coach that's not meant only for ladies for I'm not aware that every commuter train has its own ladies coach. I didn't see the pink color coach and thought maybe the train did't have the specific coach, just following a girl stepping into that coach who's actually with her boyfriend who can protect her. Each girl who's in that coach was actually with their boyfriends and I'm the only one alone.

It's a lesson learn for me today. A new experience. Next time I'm not going to step into any other coach other than the one especially for LADIES!

No comments: