Friday, August 5, 2011

5th Day + Almost Giving Up On Dieting.....

It's only the 5th day of fasting and dieting but Mummy has already thinking about giving up...just can't stand the delicious food everytime I went to the bazar Ramadhan. It is so hard to resist the food temptation. I was thinking on buying all my favorite food for break fast and give up on my diet today but I came across this article about the amazing trainer of Biggest Loser show and hopefully this few inspirational words that I took from it can also inspire others who want to lose weight just like me. You won't lose weight if you keep postponing and not controlling what you eat everyday....

LOOKING at her now, who would believe that Jillian Michaels was once an overweight teenager. The personal trainer from Los Angeles who is widely known for her appearances on The Biggest Loser and Losing It With Jillian now has a new series on Li, Life Inspired, which shows you the most effective way to stay fit.



So what do you tell people who know all about healthy living but can’t actually get up from the couch or make time for it?
The action begins when you take the steps. Then you are saying, ‘I’m worth it’. Saying ‘I can’t’ is where the craziness comes from. Yes, you are strong. Yes, you are powerful. Yes, you are capable. Whenever you put that energy into the universe, it will all fall in place.

So you’d say that people shouldn’t do all the emotional, self-esteem work first and then start working out?
I think you should write down what you want for your life, bring intention to your motivation. That way you can ask yourself, ‘Do I want the donut or do I want to look good at my high school reunion?’ I am not a believer in willpower but you can ask yourself those kinds of questions. But then, you’ve got to put it into action.

The fear of success is directly related to the fear of failure. You’ll ask yourself, ‘What will I do next? What will be expected of me next? Will I be able to live up to it?’ It is the same as fearing you will fail.

The truth of success is that successful people fail all the time. You just have to get back up and try again. It’s about getting stronger and more comfortable with yourself. It’s about knowing you can withstand the failure. That’s what fitness is about, too. It is about knowing you’re strong enough to move on from failure.

There’s never a moment when I’m lifting a weight or doing a push-up when I’m like ‘I love this!’ But I think about why I do it. We’re a constant work in progress. There’s not a finish line. You have to be patient with yourself. It is about making small changes and one day, you wake up and your 50, 80, 180 pounds down. Life is not 50 pounds from now. Life is RIGHT NOW. You are HERE. – Life Inspired

Really loves the final words from Jillian, so inspiring! Yes, nothing is easy...must be strong and fight for it if you want it to come true.

No comments: